- This event has passed.
4C Global Sustainability Conference
4C is pleased to announce its first Global Sustainability Conference to be held in Berlin on June 6, 2019. The conference will provide comprehensive insights into sustainability certification, its current and future practices and will highlight the latest changes of the 4C scheme.
Impact of 4C certification on the ground will be described by coffee producers from Brazil, Colombia, and Vietnam. Trade and end consumer requirements will be elaborated on, and conclusions for a reliable and efficient certification in the coffee sector will be drawn.
It will also be described, how new technologies are being applied for a credible and secure 4C certification. In addition, innovative solutions for biobased and recycled polymer packaging of coffee will be presented.
The following issues will be addressed by speakers from Government, coffee roasters and brandowners, trade and associations, coffee producers, research organisations, NGOs and 4C:
- Policy framework and actual political initiatives
- Environmental, social and food security risks
- The new 4C standard for sustainability risk mitigation
- Remote sensing, monitoring and mapping of supply chains
- Risk and land use change assessment
- Climate friendly coffee
- Integration of smallholders
- Impact of certification
- Sustainable packaging (biobased, recycled) for the coffee sector